Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet won't work

• Please log in to reply

laxdrummer

laxdrummer

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,
My computer has recently stopped connecting to the internet, not only IE, but any program. No program can update or connect to the internet. It has windows xp and SP2 and a cable connection sent through a router. The router is also connected to a laptop which can connect to the internet and the two can connect to each other over the network. When this happened, I scanned for spyware with Spybot S&D, Norton Internet Security, AD Aware SE, and windows anti-spyware, although none of them were loaded at the same time. I deleted everything that came up, but that didn't help, so I reloaded windows. This worked, but when I loaded SP2, the internet stopped working. I have done everything I can think of and nothing has worked.
Please help!

Edited by laxdrummer, 07 October 2005 - 05:07 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Switched off the SP2 firewall?

laxdrummer

laxdrummer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yeah, the firewall is from Norton

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Tried switching the Norton firewall off then? That is good at blocking everything up.

laxdrummer

laxdrummer

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
yes, i have turned off everything