Should you buy a DVD recording Video Camera?
Simply put. No.
1. Your paying more for less. (I had a look and DVD recording cameras are more then DV recording ones).
2. It creates problems when editing as it records in the MPEG Format. Read this for more detail - http://tangentsoft.n.../mpeg/edit.html
3. It's about 26 times less the quality of DV recording cameras.
4. DVD's are easily scratched and damaged, you might save money buying the DVD but you loose a lot more footage then you would if you used DV tapes.
5. The compression it uses has less quality to DV, you start to see macro blocking which is like a blurry series of cubes that make the image look very poor, the colours are not as good.
Edited by st22, 09 December 2005 - 03:26 PM.