Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Geeks To Go

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Is it just me or do other people ever get my favorite web site looking like this (see picture). Don't give me a fix, i just what to know if I am the only one. I have formated ever 6 weeks or mabye a bit longer, and it always happens. Even just after a format. One for a few hours several times a week, but i wish it would not.

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled.JPG

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
Did you recently run CleanUp!?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Ran CCleaner last night. It gose away after a while.

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
In Firefox, go to tools, options and click on the privacy tab. Then click Clear All.

If that doesnt fix it, click start
click run
type in cmd
A new box will open
then type in ipconfig /flushdns

reboot and it should be fine =)

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
For some reason you're not reading the CSS file. Try restoring the default settings, or reinstalling FireFox.

Game_Freak

Game_Freak

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 586 posts
I usually get it after I run CleanUp! But few days later or even hours it automatically getrs fixed? IS it because you clear out temp and cache files?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It works now, thanks!

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Michael, your avatar has been nothing but a red X for a couple of days. Are the two problems related? Everyone else's avatars seem fine.

Johanna

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You are the second person that has said that in under an hour it started on the 29/9. I lost my avartar when I became a staff member and never whated to put it back. They are not related and has nothing to do with ever one elses avatar. I will fix it tell me if it stops doing it.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
The picture placeholder is gone now.

I don't run reg cleaners. XP was designed to accommodate bulk and debris. Sooner or later temp files get deleted anyway, especially if you turn the space you allocate to them. Any duplicates or temp files in the Windows XP folders can be safely ignored.

Johanna