Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what program is this?

• Please log in to reply

4thrillz

4thrillz

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
not my desktop just wondering what program gets ride of your icons and does all that cool stuff?? :tazz:
Posted Image

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
If you follow Tweak 29 you can get rid of all your icons. Setting the back ground picture is easy for most people if you need to know how just ask. The computer looks like it is running Linux you can't do most of the "Cool" stuff in Xp. A program like Tune Up Win Styler can change you theme, there are other programs that can change you theme like Windows Blinds but I have never tried them.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 08 October 2005 - 04:48 AM.

Chris IOW

Chris IOW

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Made very interesting reading! Will have a fiddle with my machine when I get home from work :tazz:

HarryMay

HarryMay

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
I downloaded something called "transbar"made by Anders Kjersem on c-net and it litens or blacks out the start bar thingy.I like it so your desktop fills up the entire screen if you'd like.

4thrillz

4thrillz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
hes runnin XP on that desktop...

are you saying thats multiple programs or pehaps programing at hand there?

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
He has some program doing what you see, if you know that person or can get in contact with him you could ask what you uses. I have heard that Windows Blinds can do some amazing things, there is a free version so you could test it out.

4thrillz

4thrillz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
ok ill see if i can find out....

had windows blinds it conflicted horribly with some other programs so i had to ditch it...

yardguard

yardguard

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Looks like Stardocks DesktopX Program http://www.stardock....ducts/desktopx/ ...believe I've seen that theme before...

Although it could be one of a number of desktop enhancement programs...

Talisman http://www.lighttek.com/ has a lot of themes like this too..
Aston http://www.astonshell.com has themes similiar to this...

Edited by yardguard, 08 October 2005 - 08:14 PM.