Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WebEasy 5 by vcom

• Please log in to reply

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Has anyone ever used this software? A friend purchased this program to make his first web site. He likes the simplicity of the program, I am going crazy trying to force it to let me add active links. Last night I resorted to opening htm pages in FrontPage and inserting the links. Maybe I am just missing something, but I think this software is an exercise in frustration. I cannot figure out how to look at or modify the HTML code on the webpages from within it, either. Does anyone here know?
TIA
Johanna

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I'm not a fan of WYSIWYG editors myself. I know just enough HTML that they cause me trouble. In fact most of the time I use templates and Notepad, a little old fashioned but I can pretty much imagine what the page will look like as I'm coding it.

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
I agree with Tyger, never liked those wysiwyg editors, notepad is good enough for me :tazz:

I cannot figure out how to look at or modify the HTML code on the webpages from within it, either

Right click on the page, and select view source (or view page source). In IE, notepad or the default html editor will open up. In firefox, the code is displayed in a new window, you cannot edit though.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• Topic Starter
  • 3,038 posts
I made a test site with this editor, uploaded it and it says "Directory Access Denied". Grrrr...

I used a template for the first 8 pages, and all the info is in one folder (I am used to having a separate folder for each page) so I really don't know where to begin to sort out this mess. I am not an HTML whiz, which doesn't help.

The man who bought this software is busy creating a marvelous site, and I do not want to upload his and find out that this thing doesn't work! The template does not have an "index" page, so I renamed the main page, and it still doesn't work. I'm off to find some aspirin.

Johanna

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
Are you still having the problem with adding links or a problem with uploading or some other html problem? Maybe you can post the code or the html file that you're having trouble with.

Allsortgroup

Allsortgroup

I SPAMMED Too Much!

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts
Why don't you like wysiwyg editors?

And i don't know how you can use notepad.

And 1 more thing. If you don't like html, what do you use?

:tazz:

lil_cat_luver

lil_cat_luver

• PipPipPip
  • 296 posts
wysiwyg editors often messes up the page, and interfere if you actually know html. It's especially troublesome if you know bits of html, or if you're just starting out.

I never said I don't like html, I use html to code my pages all the time, it's probably the only language I know well enough to not have trouble using, heh. And for notepad, all you have to do is enter all the codes and save as a .html file. The great thing about it is that it's not only compatible with html, it's compatible with all web formats.