Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shutdown XP

• Please log in to reply

bushpilot

bushpilot

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm running XP and for the last 2 months something has changed on shutdown. I open Start , Turn Off Computer, Turn Off and perform my normal one click but other than a whirring nose in the tower and the green light coming on momentarily on the floppy drive nothing happens. I have to go back and repeat the proceedure one more time for shutdown.

This also happens when installing a program and the window appears saying that it needs to reboot to install...when I click OK nothing happens. I have to go to Start, Turn Off Computer, and click on Restart.

I have also noticed that when my browser opens and I click on the dropdown menu for the stored URLs it won't open on the first click, it flashes momentarily but ut takes the second click to view. This only happens initially from then on the menu drops down on and subsequent single clicks.

Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You aren't using Firefox as your browser by chance are you?

Fenor

bushpilot

bushpilot

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
To be honest I am and thinking back the problem may have started when I began using Firefox.....sorry for the delay in replying but we were away for the weekend.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
He is getting helped Here

Don't dobble post about the same thing, or triple post like you did.