Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sims 2 dvd edition won't read

• Please log in to reply

kenventimiglia

kenventimiglia

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey all....

I have the sims 2 dvd edition along with both of the expansion packs. I was trying to upload a neighborhood after trying to move some neighborhoods around. Needless to say the game wouldn't start after doing this. So I uninstalled the two expansion packs and the game. Now I'm trying to reinstall the orinigal Sims 2 dvd edition disc and autoplay won't start, and when I try to open manually, when I click on my DVD rw/rom drive it tells me to please insert the disc. I tried the disc on another computer and it works. I also put a different game and a dvd movie into my dvd drive and it works. I also read that there could be norton conflications so i also shut those down. Is there anything I can do? I'm thinking about just re formatting and start from scratch? Any help would be great.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This game doesn't like it if you use cloned/virtual drives or programs such as Alcohol because it thinks you're trying to pirate it.

If you use any of these applications or similiar ventures, shut them down and try again.

kenventimiglia

kenventimiglia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
i don't have anything like that installed. would hijack this and other cleaning tools be in conflictions?

kenventimiglia

kenventimiglia

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
ok...so i reformatted my machine, to see if there was any lingering registry keys that could have been blocking the autoplay and such. that didn't work. it is still coming up with the same error. any suggestions?