Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CleanUp! Cleaned up apoint dll [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

SumMom

SumMom

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
I ran CleanUp! in safe mode as last step in cleaning out a nasty virus on our brand new laptop. When I boot up a box appears with the heading "apoint.exe" and the message "Failed to run dll" No indication of what dll. The taskbar is white. Capabilities are limited. It seems to be affecting appearance and the start menu rather than the touch pad which is working beautifully.

I tried uninstalling Alps pointing device from control panel and reinstalling. no luck.

Any ideas? Here's my HJT:

Hmmm don't seem to be able to do that. HJT runs, but no log.

Help?

Advertisements

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Hi SumMom and welcome to GeeksToGo! My name is Excal and I will be helping you.

Apoint.exe has to do with the touchpad on your laptop.

After you run HJT, there should be an option to Save log on the bottom. Same button that was used for scan.

:tazz:

Excal

SumMom

SumMom

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Hi Excal,

Thank you for reply. I ran a repair and fixed the problem after I learned that the error message didn't necessarily apply to the apoint.exe. It worked beautifully and we are up and running in good shape thanks to directions I found on your site.

I believe that it may not have applied to apoint because the touchpad worked just fine, but the desktop was hosed, the startmenu was nearly blank and notepad wouldn't run which is why I couldn't capture an HJT log.

So thank you... but I'mmmmmmmmmm outta here!

:tazz:

Summom

Excal

Excal

Malware Slayer Extraordinaire!

• Retired Staff
  • 12,739 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.