Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

EXCEL

• Please log in to reply

kevdevo

kevdevo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:)

URGENT!! I don't know if I should post this problem separately or here...
I can't open My EXCEL ! ! ! I don't know when this started, but I noticed it when I went to open an attachment a friend sent... I thought it was on their end...now I know that it's my prob. ... I cant' even open the saved docs. I have or even the program itself. When I try it open a small window that says preparing to install Microsoft Office XP Professional (which came with this computer when I bought it, did something corrupt it and now it doesnt work?) , Next it opens another window that says:

"The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available."
"Insert the 'Microsoft Office XP Professional' disk and click OK"
I dont' have that disk or if I do, I sure the heck don't know where it'd be five years after buying this computer.
Anyway, it's always worked in the past for five years.... what the heck did I do to screw up EXCEL?

:tazz:

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Microsoft Update to see what it offers

http://update.micros...t.aspx?ln=en-us

Microsoft Update usually offers downloads which do not require the installation discs

If it does not recognise Office on the PC, open any Office programme, click help then detect and repair

Beyond this, you can contact your local Microsoft Centre to ask for a replacement for the missing software

kevdevo

kevdevo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
:)
None of the solutions worked.

Re: your comment....Beyond this, you can contact your local Microsoft Centre to ask for a replacement for the missing software

how do I find my local Microsoft Centre...do you know of a link?

:tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-gb;326246