Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need some help on an appraisal

• Please log in to reply

legking

legking

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello all,

I'm looking to sell my old comp to my gf's little bro. I bought it about 4 years ago for $1500 and have watched it tumble into the gaping void of obsolescence, so an upgrade is way overdue. Unfortunately I can't seem to find anything on the Interweb when it comes to computer appraisal. Is there a website that anyone knows of that would be able to accomodate me? Alternatively can anyone here give me a rough appraisal? I'll post some funny links or some crap if anyone can help me out.

The specs:

AMD Athlon XP 1700+ 1.7 gig cpu
19" CRT monitor
40 gig hard drive
128 MB Nvidia Geforce4 Ti 4200
SbLive! Sound card
LG CD-RW/DVD-R combo drive
512 MB ddr ram

Advertisements

Justin

Justin

I do a little bit of everything

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,353 posts
i would say roughtly around 500 bucks

I have that same computer, except I have a pentium IV 2.8 ghz and I got it for 600 bucks on ebay (refurbished from HP)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
My family bought my grandparents a better PC for a 150 squid(with printer TFTmonitor and a large software package and a bigger HD), didnt have much of a graphics card though so add on 50 at most for that, and it was a new one. PCs really dont keep there value im afraid.

Edited by warriorscot, 09 October 2005 - 04:29 PM.