Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multimedia Audio problem

• Please log in to reply

com_junkie

com_junkie

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a P4 1.8 processor with 1 Gig of Ram, using Windows XP with all current updates.

I installed the ConvertX upon purchasing. It worked great. Then I did not use it for a time, when I went to use it would not work. I contacted Plextor and they did some troubleshooting and issued a RMA. I sent the box back, upon receiving the replacement I tried again and had the same problem. I contacted Plextor and they issued a RMA for the box and the adapter. Upon receiving the ConvertX box and adapter back I tried again. It still did not work, so even though I had tried a different USB cable I went out and purchased a new one. The new one did not have any plastic on the inside of the connection area. I plugged it in and everything worked great until yesterday. Now it does not want to work again. I am getting the same cannot recognize the USB connection.

The only thing I did was unplug the device so I could move things around and plugged it back in. NOW NOTHING WORKS AGAIN. There is a yellow diamond for the multimedia controller - I have sound as I am archiving cassettes for our parish and have been working on them as I try to troubleshoot this problem.
ANY IDEAS

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well the item with the yellow explanation mark next to it... right click and remove. then reboot the pc. let it reinstall the device and see if it works.