Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to open rar file

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

jacques-strap

jacques-strap

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey guys,

Recently dl'd Fable off my network at school. It is compressed in a .rar file, and inside are 9 files.

Fable Disk 1.mdf
Fable Disk 2.mdf
Fable Disk 3.mdf
Fable Disk 4.mdf
Fable Disk 1.mds
Fable Disk 2.mds
Fable Disk 3.mds
Fable Disk 4.mds
readme txt file

Now when i finished dling it i was sooo excited to play it, because i tried it on my friends xbox and it was sooo sweet. Here is my problem.

when i try to extract the files into a folder so i can mount them to alcohol 120, it wont let me. The rar file is not write protected, and there's no password on it to my knowledge.

i get the standard "error moving file or folder" Cannot move Fable Disk 1: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

anyone have any suggestions??? :S i am stumped and i've been tryin to figure out What the... to do for over an hour now and all i want to do it plaaaaaaaaaay it :tazz:

EDIT:

i repacked the file and am now able to extract them. however, when i try to mount the files it says they are not valid image files :S does this mean they're damaged or corrupted??

Edited by jacques-strap, 09 October 2005 - 07:15 AM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
Thread closed. This is in direct violation of or Terms of Service. We can only support legally obtained material. Please go by Fable: lost chapters if you would like to play it on the pc.

also the original Fable was not for the pc, but for the playstation.