Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

***Hijack This Has been Hijacked***

• Please log in to reply

Guest_kingofpits_*

Guest_kingofpits_*
The program "Hijack This" has recently been Hijacked and a spyware version released from what appeared to be the site.

this is a direct copy, please read all the post then you will know. He lists all files that are running from his version.

April 22, 2005:
Just a short note on the domain HIJACK-THIS.NET: this is not mine! It has been registered by an affiliate of XoftSpy (who are also on the Rogue Antispyware List on SpywareWarrior.com) and they are luring people into downloading their software believing it is HijackThis. Also, they have registered a few AdWords at Google leading to the same result. We'll see where this goes.
In the meantime, if you want to download any of my programs, the official domain is and always will be www.merijn.org.

*Update* April 29, 2005:
I just received word from Paretologic (who own XoftSpy) that the affiliate responsible for the page has been terminated and the site will be taken down. That's one down, one to go. :tazz:

This is the site, I didn't think this was right at first, but they are where download.com takes you. And there is aditional info, Google didn't have a lot.

I seldom post but I did have to wipe and reload a system, torrent files are cover in a bad version.
I know the headache.
If this is not correct let me know I am kingofpits and I can be found at lycos. It is always a good idea to check with software maker form search, not program.

Advertisements