Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

router reflash possibly?

• Please log in to reply

matward

matward

• Pip
  • 4 posts
recently my router for a wireless network decided to stop working. a few points..
1) i can connect to the internet through it but only on the computer its plugged into... my mates with the usb wireless adapters cant get anything..
2) i cant access the router setup page.
3) the Diag node on the router keeps flashing. the WLAN Act thing isnt lit up.

from reading around some other problems people have had i think i need to reflash my router.. although im not sure how to do that. something about downloading the firmware for my router or something? although im not sure where to get this reflash file from. as for the brand of my router im not sure.. the only writing on it is 'residential gateway'. on the bottom theres some product code 'WBR-2200'.. any help would really be appreciated.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Reboot it first. Usually does the trick :tazz:

Normally you reboot it by logging in and choosing the appropriate option but as you can't get in, pull the power cord out.

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
hey Matward , Welcome to G2G

Here, is the manual for your router. Check to see if it describes where to get the latest firmware, if not post back here.

matward

matward

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
hm all i found was a section telling me i could update to the latest firmware by going on the manufacturers website.. no clue as to the manufacturer