Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

corrupted system time

• Please log in to reply

mack32uk

mack32uk

• Pip
  • 2 posts
This is driving me nuts, but every time I boot up after 2-3 mins a windows error pop up message appears on the desktop stating 'corrupted system time'. I've scanned with anti virus/trojan and adaware/spybot which doesn't show anything, my system seems to be ok at the moment, but what the [bleep] is it, does anybody out their know?

Thanks

mack32uk

Advertisements

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Hi mack32uk,
Sounds like your Internet Time Synchronization is having some troubles.

Goto Control Panel -> Date and Time
In the Date and Time dialog, click on the Internet Time tab.
If enabled, click on the Update Now button, if there ism any problems in Updating, it is shown below.

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Or the CMOS battery is on the fritz. It's shiny stainless steel, about the size of a nickel, and costs about three bucks at Radio Shack or any computer store.

Edited by Tyger, 10 October 2005 - 05:57 PM.

mack32uk

mack32uk

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks guys, doesn't seem to be anyproblems with the time update etc, could try the battery but the motherboard is only 3 months old, so don't think the battery would die on me yet. Anymore suggestions?

Mack32uk :tazz:

DeeR

DeeR

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi Mack!

How curious! I am also getting the same Error message without much insight as to where it is coming from. Reset the Internet clock without effect. Not much help searching the Internet until I came upon your message here.

I wonder if you and I have not recently downloaded some program that is causing the error. I am an avid reader of several computer magazines and try many of the suggested programs. Mostly from PCWorld.

So far it is only the message, everything else seems okay and the clock is correct, at least in the Task Bar.

Best,
Dee R

DeeR

DeeR

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Mack,
Just had a thought as I installed ProxyWay recently and found this message on their web-site, which is quoted from that page:

I've just downloaded a 15-day trial of ProxyWay Pro. Every time I run it, I get the following error message "Corrupted System Time" and then the program terminates.

It could be several reasons you get "Corrupted system time" message:
• You changed system time after ProxyWay installation.
• Your current system time is incorrect.
• Probably your firewall doesn't allow ProxyWay to get installation date. So the program "thinks" the trial period has expired.
We recommend you to reinstall the program, check date and firewall settings.

I can't use my browser after I exit/uninstall ProxyWay. How do I get it back?

Internet Explorer 5.5/6.0

Select Tools => Internet Options.
Select the Connections tab.
If you are using LAN, click the LAN Settings button. If you are using Dial-up or Virtual Private Network connection, click the Settings button.
In the "Proxy Server" area, remove the check mark next to Access the Internet through a proxy server.
Click OK

Give this a try....not sure I really want the Proxy in the first place.
Best,
DeeR