Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

please help, colours and size lost

• Please log in to reply

kash-lee

kash-lee

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
hi guys, my comp was completely cleaned but i only have 16 colours and the small size. i have downloaded everest and it says this under chipset:

[ North Bridge: Intel Whitney i810 ]

North Bridge Properties:
North Bridge Intel Whitney i810
Revision / Stepping 02 / A2
Package Type 421 Pin BGA
Package Size 3.1 cm x 3.1 cm
Core Voltage 1.8 V
In-Order Queue Depth 4

Memory Timings:
CAS Latency (CL) 3T
RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 3T
RAS Precharge (tRP) 3T
RAS Active Time (tRAS) 6T
Row Cycle Time (tRC) 8T

Memory Slots:
DRAM Slot #1 64 MB (SDRAM)
DRAM Slot #2 16 MB (SDRAM)

Integrated Graphics Controller:
Graphics Controller Type Intel i752
Graphics Controller Status Enabled
Shared Memory Size 1 MB

Chipset Manufacturer:
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://www.intel.com...se/chipsets.htm
Driver Download http://support.intel...psets/index.htm

[ South Bridge: Intel 82801AB ICH0 ]

South Bridge Properties:
South Bridge Intel 82801AB ICH0
Revision / Stepping 01 / B0
Package Type 241 Pin BGA
Package Size 2.3 cm x 2.3 cm
Core Voltage 3.3 V

AC'97 Audio Controller:
Audio Controller Type Intel 82801AB ICH0
Codec Name Analog Devices AD1881
Codec ID 41445340h
S/PDIF Output Not Supported

Chipset Manufacturer:
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://www.intel.com...se/chipsets.htm
Driver Download http://support.intel...psets/index.htm

I have no idea what i need to do, can someone please help me?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi kash-lee!

Download your graphics card driver from HERE Once you have it downloaded, double click the file and it will run. Once it is finished it will tell you that you need to reboot your computer. Click OK or YES to reboot your computer. Once rebooted, right click on your DESKTOP and select PROPERTIES. Then click on the SETTINGS tab and move the RESOLUTION slider to either 800x600 or 1024x768 (you can try each and see which you like better). Then click the COLOR QUALITY pulldown and select 16 bit or 24 bit or 32 bit, whichever is the highest number listed. Then click APPLY and OK and let us know how things are going! :tazz:

Fenor

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
hey fenor!!
Thankyou sooooooo much my comp is restored!!!! ur brill!!!

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Glad I could be of service. :tazz:

Are there any other problems that you are having? It's possible that some things might sitll not be installed, but lets be sure of that. Right Click on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES, then click on the DEVICE MANAGER tab and let me know if there are any items listed that have yellow question/exclamation marks next to them.

Fenor

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
hey fenor! thanx for recommending that cos i found three things with exclamation marks next to them!
the first was a PCI card, then there was a PCI Multimedia audio device (which is probably my speakers as they have no longer been working since the restore) and finally an unknown device.
sorry if im being a pest

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

hey fenor! thanx for recommending that cos i found three things with exclamation marks next to them!
the first was a PCI card, then there was a PCI Multimedia audio device (which is probably my speakers as they have no longer been working since the restore) and finally an unknown device.
sorry if im being a pest

View Post

Okay, I know you have Everest Installed on your machine, what I want you to do is run it again and this time copy EVERYTHING from it into a post in this topic so I can better see what all needs to be installed.

Fenor

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
P.S. -- If I don't reply right away it's because I'm at work right now. But I will try to check back as often as I can. :tazz:

Fenor

kash-lee

kash-lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
rite i think this is everything but i did it in a report for download, cos it was loooong lol.

Attached Files

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Well I got some free time at work. I have attached the audio driver for your computer. As for the other PCI Card, Please go back into the DEVICE MANAGER (Right Click on MY COMPUTER and select PROPERTIES, then click on the DEVICE MANAGER) and let me know if you have anything listed for MODEMS or NETWORK ADAPTERS. This will help me know what it is that you still need installed.

Fenor

Attached Files

Edited by Fenor, 11 October 2005 - 12:54 PM.