Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Question about Excel

• Please log in to reply

mlgrier3

mlgrier3

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
I have two seperate programs running, one is a data acquisition and the other is a printing program. The acquisition program creates a head file that in turns creates an Excel file, and the printing program prints this excel file each time it is created. Is there a way that I can set a print area for the entire Excel program versus just one spreadsheet at a time? I am running Office 2003. Thank you.

Advertisements

Boostman

Boostman

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
On your acquistion program does the data vary at all? Meaning do the cells change in amount.

I think what you are trying to do is automatically only print the cells with data in them, correct? I am not 100% sure if there is a way to make an automatic area selection to print. If this was something you wanted to do manually you could do the foloowing:

File->Page Setup->Sheet->Print Area

Specify Cell Range

Example:

A1:L37 - Would print all data in those cells only.

You could also use the "Print selected area" option when you go to print, but I don't think you want to do that each time.

This is all I have for now, but it gets the ball rolling at least.

Edited by Boostman, 11 October 2005 - 02:04 PM.

mlgrier3

mlgrier3

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
Thank you for responding so quickly. The number of cells doesn't ever vary, what I am trying to do is stop column A from printing ever. It runs in the background so manually setting the print area won't work as it can' be accessed every time. Any other ideas would be greatly appreciated.