Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot write to dvd

• Please log in to reply

karinc10

karinc10

• Pip
  • 8 posts
:tazz: Please help. I have purchased a time computer 2 years ago simply for the fact it had a dvd writer built in. I have been unable to write to dvd discs since I've bought it. I'm using Nero software and seem to go through the process of transferring video to the disc, it seems to take an absolute age (to get the files ready for dvd transfer) Then an error pops up that says there was a problem.

I have tried to just transfer them to disc without changing the file and this seems to look like it's working but then the disc doesn't open anywhere even in a pc dvd rom.

I know this will sound like an idiotic question to someone in the know but whats the difference between dvd -r and dvd +r ...please help, it's driving me mad.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you post the error as displayed

karinc10

karinc10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm at work at the moment but I will go throught the transfer process again this eve and make a note of the exact message. :tazz: