Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can I convert 16 bit to 24 bit

• Please log in to reply

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
I'm running windows XP Home, Processor 2.20 Gigahertz AMD Athlon, 1.5 Gig ram.
What is required, to enable me to use 24 bit samples? :tazz:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Are you saying you have a 16bit prosesser? I would think you have a 32bit processor because you have Windows XP.

yardguard

yardguard

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
I think he's talking about graphics??? if so then any good graphics program can do this....Photoshop....Paint Shop Pro...I don't know for sure but even the free software Gimp may do this.....and soo on..........................................

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hi Guys I'm talking about playing samples. I have 16 bit samples and 24 bit samples. Windows media player 10 can't play the 24 bit samples. I get a message that windows media player cannot play the file one or more codecs required could not be found

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
When you say 16-bit samples are you talking about audio files encoded with 16-bit PCM?
Pls. give more details on the files you are trying to play?

nickyboy1

nickyboy1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Hi Darth Ash. The samples I'm trying to play come with Computer Music and are 24 bit. I use the samples in Cubase SX3. I like to preview the sample before importing into Cubase. I have been using XP media player 10 great for 16 bit but not for 24 bit . I get windows media player cannot play the file one or more codecs required to play the file could not be found.