Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Connecting to Internet

• Please log in to reply

munleyj

munleyj

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
I am ruunubf windows 95 using IE3.x and a zoom 56k modem. I downloaded the drivers and ran setup through IE3.x and it says the modem is on com1. It does not dial. Need hemp.

Jim

Advertisements

katkat92

katkat92

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Hello munleyj!

First let me add a thought, you will not be able to experience the web as it should be using IE3x. I'd advise you update your browser to at least IE 5x as soon as you get online.

Please tell me what happens when you try and connect. Does the modem tell you anything? Like no dial tone?

Please open your control panel and go to modems. Make sure the properties/preferences show your correct area code. Is the phone line plugged into the correct outlet on the back of the machine? It should plug into "line" if you have 2 plugs on the back.

While in the modems box in control panel, look for either a diagnostics or a query modem button. Click it and your modem should self-test to see if it's listening to the line.

I just need a bit more info about what it is doing. :tazz: