Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

changes to the colour coding?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Guest_The_Tiddler_*

Guest_The_Tiddler_*
it is my personal oppinion that people with over 100 posts(4 hats) should gain a different colour coding from under 100 post members. As theis makes it clear who are geeks to goes trusted and regular members and also gives a mini reward of increased prestige of such acheivements. :) :tazz: :woot:

Advertisements

ukbiker

ukbiker

Rest in Peace, ukbiker

• Retired Staff
  • 2,014 posts
I think you must be confusing this Forum with somewhere else. Just to make it clear, the number of posts a member has counts for absolutely nothing at G2G. Your suggestion that post numbers are some indication of reliability or trustworthiness of a poster is nonsensical. Are you seriously suggesting that a member who has 500 posts, each one along the lines of "me too" is regarded more highly than someone with 10 posts that actually help a user with a problem? If you believe that is so, you are in the wrong place here. Remember - quality, not quantity.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
It is too open to abuse. At one stage all GeekU students had a picture like
Posted Image
So lots of people signed up for GeekU, and made the site look bad because of what some of them did.

Also I have seen members with over 1000 posts and moderators with a lot less than that. It dose not mean any thing, it is what you say not what you do that makes you important. Those that are regular posters of good advice become staff. That is how I and others became staff members.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 12 October 2005 - 05:16 AM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
me too (one more post.......should i be trusted more now?)

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
I think the replies here were perfect and this thread has now run its course.

ScHwErV :tazz: