Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Suggestions

• Please log in to reply

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I depend on my email to keep an eye on the threads and forums I follow. In the "Subject" line it says Forum Subscription New Topic Notification (From Geeks to Go Forums) which is kinda long...

It would be great if that line included WHICH forum had the new topic. Some forums I would give priority to: staff announcement over just another malware log posted in OT, for example.

In the same vein, emails that indicate a reply to a topic say Topic Subscription Reply Notification (From Geeks to Go Forums) Again, that space could be better used by indicating the name of the post, so that we could know to delete the 8 replies posted since we last checked email that generated 8 individual emails without having to open each one up to be sure we don't overlook something.

In other forums you can hover the cursor over the post and read at least the first few lines of the post. On G2G if you hover, you get the time/date the post was made, redundant information because it is already visible in the main area on the page. With the preview it is easy to skip the posts you know others can handle better, or refresh your memory, quickly.

Just food for thought, in the interest of making G2G even better... :tazz: I really enjoy my time here. Admin, you have collected a fine assortment of great people, and I appreciate being allowed to contribute my little bit.

Johanna

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Great suggestions. I will see what I can do.

You may also be interested in this feature. Under My Controls, email settings:

"Include a copy of the post when emailing me from a subscribed topic
Enabling this option will send a plain text version of the post in the subscription email."