Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forum upgrade issues

• Please log in to reply

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts

http://dsenette.geek.../tools/Doc3.doc <---screenshot

i keep getting that message....i'm pretty sure it's a forum problem...just want to make sure that it's not a me problem

Nope not just you I just started to get the same error today.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Its a well known issue thats being discussed all over the board. We are working on it and may even be upgrading the forum software again soon to deal with the problems.

ScHwErV :tazz:

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
@ dsenette, it's not just you. The new forum software has been unexpectedly hard on our database server. We're working to optimize it.

@ computerwiz12890, I don't know of any issues. Make sure your Java is updated, and I'll look into it later tonight.

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
I see I can now close a topic again as I post my final reply, but it only works on the new topics.
:tazz: Just have to hold on till the old ones are gone.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts

@ computerwiz12890, I don't know of any issues. Make sure your Java is updated, and I'll look into it later tonight.

Sounds like the problem. I'll update java as soon as I return to school on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes. :tazz:

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Run internet explorer on a MAC computer & a 98 computer and fast reply does not work.
However it works on my server 2000 ?

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You don't get the Fast Reply box, or the Add Reply button doesn't work?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
It would appear the "Insert Link" button is not working properly. Is this an issue with the Forum software, or mine??

wannabe1

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
It's been changed a bit, first highight the text you want to hyperlink, then select the link button and enter/paste the URL.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts

You don't get the Fast Reply box, or the Add Reply button doesn't work?

I get all the buttons but when I click on fast reply nothing happens (mac & 98)
also in Add reply none of the buttons work hyperlink, quote, bold etc

Advertisements

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
I press 'add reply' and the clock starts ticking. Then, the button loses his function and the screen stays like it is, like I'm still replying. But the reply is posted...

Also, when I try to get to a topic sometimes (70% of the time) the topic will not open. I have to click multiple times to get there

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We're still tweaking. It's getting better, and should continue to improve.

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
I upgraded Java to the latest, like you suggested Admin. Now whenever I try to go to Live Chat, Internet Explorer exits. It just exits, no message, no nothing.

Any idea why?

g2i2r4

g2i2r4

retired HiJack Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 5,080 posts
Thanks for working on the issues. I can open topics more easy now. The posting issue happens less often, but it's still there every now and then.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
don't know whether this is a new issue or something built in...but my email notifications don't work for any practice logs in geek u...(not sure if i get any mail notifications for anything in Geek U..but i know for sure i don't get those..)