Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forum upgrade issues

• Please log in to reply

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
I'm working on the email notification problem now. Do you get notifications for other forums?

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
everything but geek u....and i'm almost sure it's only my PLs...because i get notifications from other things within geek u...like if you need a moderator..

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I'm still having problems with posting. About a third of the time this is what happens. After clicking on Add Reply the "page not found" comes up and the URL in the window is for the forum home page, so it's seems like the return from the server is directing to the home page, or there is not return from the server. I've learned to just refresh the PNF page to get to the forum, which doesn't make another reply to the topic. But many times the reply won't show up as having been made on the main page, but if I open the topic it will be there. So the database isn't updating very quickly.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
All the files related to posting have been replaced. Please let me know if you've had any troubles after 5PM CDT tonight (Thursday). :tazz:

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Things are working a lot better, no "page not found" so far.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
I'm still having occasional problems with the "This page cannot be displayed" after clicking Add Reply.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Topic Starter
  • Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Did you have one about 10 minutes ago? There was a spike in the server load. First one all day, but we're hoping additional RAM fixes it. The RAM should be installed in the next 48 hours.

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts

Did you have one about 10 minutes ago? There was a spike in the server load. First one all day, but we're hoping additional RAM fixes it. The RAM should be installed in the next 48 hours.

Yeah it was. I'll report back in a few days after that RAM is installed.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i'm sure you're still working on this blair but....the notification emails are getting more sporatic...moving across forums now...was just in geek u (mainly practice logs) but other places have been failing to notify as well to my knowledge....i'm not...not clicking something to make them come....it's always just been automatic..

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I am not sure if it is only me but every time I put a \' or \\ in my post a \\ comes up next to it. <-- Happened here.

Also the fast realy dose not seam to be working.

Advertisements

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
I was having some of these issues before too, but last two days have been the worst of all..

Since early this morning, eI haven't been able to pick up several of the topics in 3 day no reply..

When I press the Add Reply button, it hangs forever, whereas I've been able to reply to some (which I opened on a seperate tab while waiting for the other reply to load)..

On occasion, it works pretty fast, but mostly I have to wait for several minutes for pages to load..and quite frequently I'm getting server busy error..

Other times I make a post and after waiting for several minutes, the page stops loading. I close the page and when I click on the link for that page again from my control panel I see that sometimes the post has made it, sometimes not..knowing this I've started to copy my post to notepad to be able to make the post again when I see that it hasn't made it..

It is starting to become frustrating..

MasterJ

MasterJ

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,623 posts
I don't know if it's really a problem to deal with right now, but on occasion I see several topics that have 0 views, even when it has many posts.

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
After last night's update all my problems seem to be gone.. :)

Armodeluxe

Armodeluxe

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,744 posts
Not a big problem, but I'm not getting email notification anymore..on any topics subscribed..

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
I am also not getting email notifications the last 2 days, this does create a lot of problem and am wondering if everyone is having this problem