Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Repair Windows visual settings

• Please log in to reply

AlekNoStar

AlekNoStar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Is my last post clear ?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
When you go into DISPLAY PROPERTIES, try changing the THEME from MODIFIED THEME to WINDOWS XP. Click APPLY and OK, then reopen DISPLAY PROPERTIES and see what it looks like. Post a new screenshot if it's different.

Fenor

AlekNoStar

AlekNoStar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Tryied it, didn't work... again! Here's a screenshoot... see how there's no menu in Display propreties, and how my taskbar looks Windows 98, also the Start Menu is set to look as Windows XP but looks Windows 98...

Attached Thumbnails

• SSS.JPG

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Please download the Resources.zip file. Extract the files to C:\Windows directory. Make sure that the destination is set to C:\Windows. Once they are extracted, reboot your computer and once rebooted try to change the theme back to Windows XP.

You change the theme back to Windows XP theme by right-clicking on the desktop and selecting PROPERTIES. In the DISPLAY PROPERTIES window, make sure you are on the THEMES tab and then select WINDOWS XP from the pull-down list under the THEME heading. Click APPLY and then OK and you should have the Windows XP Theme back.

Fenor

AlekNoStar

AlekNoStar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
Yeah, cool it partly worked! My taskbar and my start menu is now o.k... the only thing that remains broken is the missing menu in my diplay propreties box... anymore solutions ?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Now that the XP Theme is working again, try doing again what I said to do in Post $14. Can't hurt to try it again. Make sure you reboot your computer after running the file before checking if the display tabs are back.

Fenor