Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

folder iosubsys disappears

• Please log in to reply

Ruy

Ruy

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have problems at boot in my windows98, and after research I discover that the folder \Windows\system\iosubsys and all contents disapear.
Where I get to download resident files from this folder. I trying to fix this without reinstall windows98.

Advertisements

Guest_1069_*

Guest_1069_*
Does your machine actually boot up or does the boot up process fail?

If you CAN boot up take a look at this link: http://support.micro...com/kb/q129605/ scroll down the page to here:

"Windows 98 and Windows 98 Second Edition
In Windows
To extract files in Windows 98 or Windows 98 Second Edition, use the System File Checker tool. To do this, follow these steps: "

Ruy

Ruy

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for reply, I fix my problem copying the entire IOSUBSYS directory from another windows 98.

best regards

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts

Thank you for reply, I fix my problem copying the entire IOSUBSYS directory from another windows 98.

best regards

Smart move.