Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help! Can't get into my computer...

• Please log in to reply

johnnymorales

johnnymorales

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I got home and my computer keeps getting a "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close..." error - not the type with a "send to MSFT". I get like 10 pop-ups at once and once I close all of them 10 more come up a few seconds later. Doesn't happen in safe mode. Pls help!

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi johnnymorales!

Sounds to me like you may have a malware problem on your computer. Please go HERE and go through all the self-help instructions on removing most of the malware yourself. If, after running all the self-help tools, you are still having problems, then please post a HiJackThis log in the Malware Forum.

Good luck!

Fenor

johnnymorales

johnnymorales

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Thanks. I went through all of those steps and they didn't work. I then went into Control Panel / System / Error Messages and disabled them and got it to stop that way. I know that is kind of masking the malware or whatever - but will this work around solution cause any additional problems?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I would still post a HJT log in the Malware Forum and have an expert say you are clean. Masking a problem isn't a good idea. It's like putting a bandaid on a deep cut. It will soak it up for awhile, but sooner or later you're gonna have problems.

Fenor

vlad42

vlad42

• PipPip
  • 33 posts
Stop double posting!