Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Change the Way Users logon

• Please log in to reply

coachpmv

coachpmv

• Pip
  • 2 posts
When trying to change the way users logon, I am getting the "Client Services for Netware has disabled ..." message.

I have unistalled the Novell Client from my Network connections. I am still unable to change it.

As a side note, I utilize McAfee Virsus scan and when I attempt to do the process, McAfee comes up with a suspicious script message for the mshta.exe file.

Any help would be greatful.

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Go to control panel and open up "network connections", from there click the local area connection icon, click "properties" highlight "Client Services for Netware" and click uninstall.

The process called mshta.exe, is used within Windows to allow the running of HTML Applications (.HTA Files). Mshta.exe is not required for Windows to work correctly. If you find that it is causing problems from your system, you should terminate it.

mshta.exe is flagged as a system process and does not appear to be a security risk. However, removing Microsoft HTML Applications may adversly impact your system.

Google

Johanna

coachpmv

coachpmv

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you for your quick response.

However, in the body of my post I stated that I already unistalled client services in network connections.

The function still does not work.