Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

slow file transfer and think its my firewall

• Please log in to reply

burnside_2020

burnside_2020

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okay, I posted about two weeks ago, and I am still having slow transfer problems... it nothing to do with my school internet department (other than having cable modem speed). But I recently got rid of my Norton Internet Security and got Sophos Anti-Virus, and Sygate personal firewall... When I first got my new firewall I was able to transfer stuff from my roommate really fast, but now I back to like 14 Kbs... Is there any setting of anything that can help me fix that transfer rate, or do you think it’s just the time of day, where a lot of people are on the network, or is the firewall??

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Well if there's lots of people using the network then it will slow down. Only so much space to go round :tazz: