Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

garbage day super huge help!

• Please log in to reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
well its garbage day today in my hood and wile i was jogging i came across a huge monitor by some ones house i was like holly crap that things awsome so i put it on a dresser and pushed it to my house when i got inside to see if it turned on it turned on fine and the option screen came on it seemed like it worked fine but there is a problem this monitor was extreamley old it was made in 1999 and i had no conectors that were compatible with it to hook it up to my computer i need to know if it will even work on my computer and what i need to do to make it work i have a gateway 2.8 ghz 512 ram im useing xp i dunno i think thats all the info you need ooo yea heres the exact monitor i found i tryed downloading the drivers on the web page and i couldent run the set up file well this still work heres the link http://www.construne...ro/445xpro.html thumbsup: 5xpro.html think you guys could help me out iight im out

Edited by mrhunta, 13 October 2005 - 10:56 PM.

Advertisements

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
if you read the description of monitor it seems like its extreamley good i think it should work fine on my computer plz i just need to know how to set it up can some one help me out keep up the good work :tazz:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Either get the correct connector or ask a shop to test it

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
hey my bad the link was mest up heres the monitor i got http://www.construne...ro/445xpro.html on the page it ses download Windows 95 drivers for nokia do i need this??? and when i try to run set up it ses WIndows/system32/autoexec.nt. the system is not suitable for running ms-dos microsoftwindows aplications choose close to terminate the aplication
ooo yea if i get the connectors will this monitor be compatible with Windows xp one more thing what cable should i buy?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
If you install this on an XP machine, XP will most likely have a driver for it, and / or the graphics card will know what to do with it, (unless you haven't managed to find a graphics card as well yet :tazz: )

As for the connectors, they should be standard, both for the connection to the PC and to the wall socket

You can deal with sub system errors on XP here

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=48310