Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

deleted important "dlls"

• Please log in to reply

linkinplovect

linkinplovect

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I HAVE A SERIOUS PROBLEM!!!! i accidentally deleted a lot of "dlls" from c:\windows\system32. Safe mode doesnt work, command promt doesnt, work, nothing works!! I know where I deleted the files to. They're all in the recycle bin. I don't have a system restore disk because apperentally, by computer did not come with one. I have abosoulutely no idea what to do right now. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!! thank you so much in advance...

Advertisements

linkinplovect

linkinplovect

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Basically, I just really need to know how to access the recycling bin without having to start up windows because I cant. JUST PLEASE HELP ME!!!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi linkinplovect...Welcome to G2G!

Ouch! That hurt, huh! Take a look at this Microsoft Article on using the Recovery Console to start your computer. A bit involved, but usually works.

wannabe1