Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrade Problems

• Please log in to reply

lib

lib

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi,
i recently wanted to update my processor from celeron to P4, well wheni got my chip i later realised i needed a new power supply as my current one could not power it! so i brought a new power supply, hoping this would fix my problems, however it didnt so, it just powered up but didnt start, the fan spun, but the lights on the machine didnt work and it wouldnt start up with the normal stuff.
so me and my dad thought what could be up! so we went on a random site, it said we need to update our BIOS as its out of date, turns out it wasnt, and its still not working.
please help me sort my problem out, what do i need to do to get my P4 chip working.
(oh yeah the motherboard spec claim it can take the chip and its power here is the link for the spec's of my computer when brought http://h10025.www1.h...cname=c00100539
and http://h10025.www1.h...n&cc=uk&y=9&x=7
)
(and my P4 specs are Pentium 4 3.0GHz 478P 800MHz 0.09u 1Mb Cache)

hope you can help.

Advertisements

lib

lib

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
?

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
I don't find the info you need on the HP site, but HP often uses standard motherboards, look on the mobo for the model number, Google it and go to the mobo maker's website to find a manual. I've had very good luck in doing that with HPs.