Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox/ZoneAlarm problem

• Please log in to reply

georgeblitz

georgeblitz

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hi. I use Zonealarm free version firewall, and when I leave my computer for sometime, say more than an hour, I disengage internet lock, but then still cannot get online with either Firefox or IE. I wait, thinking it takes time to unlock (tho it does not when I just lock it for a few minutes), but I still have to restart (XP) to get online. Any ideas? :tazz:

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
IIRC if you're running Service Pack 2 earlier revisions of Zonealarm don't like it and generally malfunction. So if you haven't already, grab the latest version of ZoneAlarm.

georgeblitz

georgeblitz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I did that and I have the latest version! Any other suggestions? I'm stumpy-ed. :tazz:

Swagman

Swagman

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
No Solution for you GB but I have the same problem - I've started switching off at night now after listening to advice in another thread and I'm not bothering with the Zone Alarm lock at all now. It would be nice to know what causes this - like you I have latest version and SP2.

georgeblitz

georgeblitz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
I may have figured it out... This morning I opened the zonealram window (the lock was on all nite) and I not only clicked on the lock icon in the window (not the tray) but I also clicked on the "Stop" sign a couple of time until both were turned off and on. Let me know if that worked for you ok? It think we are just not using it right! :tazz:

Swagman

Swagman

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I'll give it a go then - I'll pm you if it works - thanks