First, a little history:
1. I had some crashing problems a year or so ago, but the problems seemed to go away after I upgraded my video drivers.
2. I recently upgraded my monitor to a 19” LCD Samsung. Since upgrading, the video intermittently flickers, especially when minimizing or switching apps. My new crash problem often coincides with the flicker problem.
3. I updated my NAV LiveUpdate software a couple of weeks ago because my old version stopped working. The crash problem got worse about that time, although I can’t say for sure whether there is a connection.
4. I had the stwoyle trojan on my machine 2 weeks ago. I successfully removed it.
5. While removing the trojan, I verified via highjackthis that no other malicous things were loaded on my machine.
6. After Firefox crashed a couple of times, I upgraded to the latest version, but it did not help.
7. Other applications crash or are in use during BSOD’s besides Firefox, it’s just what I usually have open. I have also had crashes while using Quicken, Photoshop, etc.
Now for the stop errors I received last night:
#1: Got this one using Firefox while switching tabs, no error name was given
0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0x804E2EAD, 0xF14DE790, 0x00000000)
#2: Again using Firefox while switching tabs
0x000000D1 (0x00000001, 0x00000011, 0x00000001, 0x864E8C5B)
#3: Doing nothing this time
0x0000008E (0xC0000005, 0xBF806508, 0xF31EB4F4, 0x00000000)
Win32k.sys – address BF806508 base @ BF800000, Datestamp 422511a2
#4: Debug information on Firefox crash
My current list of suspects includes my video card, mobo, and NAV. Any experts have any advice?
Epox 8k-7A (flashed to latest BIOS)
2x512 MB Kingston RAM
ATI Radeon 7200 VE 32 MB DDR (latest drivers installed)
Thank you for any help you can offer.