Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

.AVI Playback Problem

• Please log in to reply

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Next you will update your AUDIO DRIVER which can be found HERE. Extract the files from the zip to a folder and then run the setup.exe file and the updated audio drivers will be installed.

Fenor

Advertisements

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hey Fenor I don't know whether this is appropriate but could we chat on MSN? I just downloaded the VIA and sound drivers, I'll go with them now first.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
We are doing fine in here, and besides I don't do IM programs, don't like em.

Fenor

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Yep totally understand. I've just installed the VIA chipset update but when I went with the audio thingy it says it's not signed by XP or something so I didn't do it. Just rebooted my computer and came back, how do I test it?

A stupid question - what does VIA do anyway? :tazz:)

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

Yep totally understand. I've just installed the VIA chipset update but when I went with the audio thingy it says it's not signed by XP or something so I didn't do it. Just rebooted my computer and came back, how do I test it?

When it says it's not signed by XP, just click CONTINUE ANYWAYS because every good driver, even the most up-to-date video card drivers for nvidia/ati pop up the same thing.

A stupid question - what does VIA do anyway? :tazz:)

VIA is the manufacturer of your motherboard and hence supplies the updates for your chipset which is part of the motherboard.

Fenor

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hi Fenor,
I have reinstalled the audio driver and rebooted the pc, back now. What else? :tazz:
Thanks

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Now do the video driver i posted earlier.

Fenor

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
When I opened the page, it says "Sorry, this download link is expired".

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try this link.

Fenor

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hey buddy, that was downloaded. But the download link for 3dfx Tweaker Utility is also expired. Is this 3dfx Tweaker Utility quite necessary after the update?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Not really, did you update the video card like how I said to do it?

Fenor

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Gonna do it now, it's with the renewed download link you provided me, isn't it? Doing it now buddy

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
[attachment=4250:attachment]

Hi Fenor,
I attached the capture I just made while trying to update the video card driver. I did exactly as what you instructed. Cheers

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Right Click MY COMPUTER, select PROPERTIES, click on the HARDWARE tab and then the DEVICE MANAGER button. Click the '+' symbol next to DISPLAY ADAPTERS and then double click on your video card listed. Click on the DRIVER tab and tell me the date it shows for DRIVER DATE.

Fenor

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Yeah I know it's ridiculous, I checked it before and now it's still the same cos I haven't done anything with my video card update.

It is - 3/10/2001