Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

fuzzy graphics on websites

• Please log in to reply

changeling

changeling

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Just in the last two weeks almost all the photo's/graphics on websites have become majorly fuzzy and almost unviewable. NYTimes photo's, graphics on the snapfish home page and even on the microsoft page.
Do I need to tweak my video driver? I restored to two months ago when all was well with no success. Don't need new glasses, it's not happening on my laptop or at work.
3 yr old Dell Dimension Pentium 3
Thanks

Advertisements

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Welcome to Geeks To Go!

Try reinstalling your video card driver. If that doesn't work, make sure you have DirectX 9.0c (latest version) installed.

If neither one works, what browser?

changeling

changeling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Internet Explorer, don't know which version..whatever came with the Dell 3 yrs ago.
THNX

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Just run all the windows updates using the Windows Update link listed in START-->ALL PROGRAMS. Get every update that shows up when you select EXPRESS.

Fenor

*EDIT* You will need to keep returning to Windows Update after each reboot until nothing is listed.

Edited by Fenor, 14 October 2005 - 06:01 PM.

changeling

changeling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Start-All Programs-Windows Update- clicked run and nothing happened
Tnxs for your patience

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Try temporarily disabling your firewall. The link went to the Microsoft site, right (if not, don't disable your firewall)?

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
You don't click run to go to windows update, it opens up your browser and you get sent to a website. THIS is the url that you should go to when clicking Windows Update.

Fenor

changeling

changeling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Updated everything from microsoft and installed the 2004 xpsp2 updates for the nVidia driver.
still no resolution to problem even the grey comment button on this site is blurred. :tazz:

changeling

changeling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Direct X 9.0C downloaded, changed acceleration to -normal- ( I have a dial up modem)
no help. :tazz:

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Try deleting your temporary internet files and disable any accelerator you might have. You may have to rebuild your temporary internet files folder, but try the other suggestions first, please. You could also put your XP CD in, then go to the Start Menu and click Run, then type sfc /scannow, then restart when it finishes.

changeling

changeling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Okay Pi,
deleted temp internet files.
Inserted OS reinstallation CD
it said that the version on my computer is newer than the one on the CD and when I
went to start menu/run it couldn't find sfc/scannow
Tanks for your patience

changeling

changeling

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
:tazz:
THANK YOU PI
I just rebooted after emtying the temp. folder and the pictures are clear as day!
If I ever need help again I now know where to turn.
Changeling

Pi rules

Pi rules

• PipPipPip
  • 634 posts
Glad to hear it! :tazz:

PS: Notice the space between sfc and /scannow.