Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL upgrade messed up font size on webpages

• Please log in to reply

CCF

CCF

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hope I can get some help here as AOL seems to not want to answer the question as to why the fonts are so large on webpages after I did an aOL upgrade that popped up on my computer. Ever since the upgrade, the lettering on certain webpages like ebay among others is huge. I want to go back to what it was before I updated. I have tried live tech support...seems like no one is there, called them...phone rings and rings and no answer, emailed twice and no emails back. Can anyone tell me why this has happened and how I can fix it. The large lettering on the webpages is really annoying. The weird part is that it's not all websites. I have AOL 9.0
Thanks ahead of time.
Linda

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
No one with knowledge of AOL is helping, so I'll give it a shot. Open a webpage, go to Tools>Internet options, look at the accessability settings for web pages. Also go to View>Font sizes and see what those are set to. Let us know if it helps.

CCF

CCF

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

No one with knowledge of AOL is helping, so I'll give it a shot. Open a webpage, go to Tools>Internet options, look at the accessability settings for web pages. Also go to View>Font sizes and see what those are set to. Let us know if it helps.

Thanks Tyger...you really got me to thinking on this one. I had gone through all the settings on AOL before and there was no way to change the text size so you got me to thinking about going to Internet Explorer...sure enough that AOL update screwed things up even on IE as the fonts were large on that also so I went to View and changed the text size....perfect. Now that I had that fixed, I still couldn't figure out why when on AOL the text was still huge so back to IE...seems as if that upgrade also changed AOL to my default browser. As soon as I changed my default back to IE, the websites on IE and AOL are perfect. Thanks so much for your help....you really made my day as that text size was drving me crazy.
Linda