Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Taskbar

• Please log in to reply

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Hey everyone,

For some reason just about every time I start up my PC, I cant see all my programs that are running in the taskbar, ive tried right clicking and changing them all to "Always Show" in the cstomized notifications window box when I right click, but it never works! :tazz:

Has anyone eles got any other ways of fixing this?

Thanks

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi bobbobagan...Welcome to G2G!

Try this REPAIR to your installation of XP. This procedure will not damage or change your current files or settings...it will just repair or replace damaged system files. You will be asked for your Installation CD and may be asked for your product key. Follow the instructions carefully...print them out if you can. Note: This option is not always available on OEM Recovery Cd's

wannabe1

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
One problem with that, I have a HP computer so the CD didnt come with the computer, XP was already installed. Got any other ways?

Thanks

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
bobbobagan

Try a System Restore...restore to a time before your problem began.

Click Start and point to All Programs then to Accessories then to System Tools and click System Restore

On the Welcome to System Restore page, select "Restore my computer to an earlier time" (it should be selected by default), and then click "Next"

On the Select a Restore Point page, click a bold date on the calendar to the left...go back a few months if you can, and then click "Next". A System Restore message may appear that lists configuration changes that System Restore will make. Click "Ok".
On the Confirm Restore Point Selection page, click "Next". System Restore will restore the previous Windows XP configuration, and then restart the computer.

When the System Restore Restoration Complete page appears...Click "Ok".

Let me know how it goes...

wannabe1

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
ill give it a go but im not to sure when the problem first began :tazz: haha...

thanks

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Hi

Some times in XP files get corrupt or missing, the good thing is it is easy to fix if you can borrow a CD you can try this.

Go
Start < run and type sfc /scannow (note the space between the sfc and /)

It will ask you for you Windows XP installation CD so have it ready. This will gives you a blue bar it can tack some time to finish (any where up to an hour) when it gose reboot. It fixes any files that have become corrupt.

Edited by Michael Buckley, 19 October 2005 - 12:09 AM.

bobbobagan

bobbobagan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
Okay thanks.

:tazz: