Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Noise Fan

• Please log in to reply

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
Hey everyone,
My computer's got worse lately with that humming sound it makes. It's humming all the time and I can hear it now even when I'm away from it. I do leave my computer on all the time so would shutting it down for a while help? I took the side of the computer off and blow the fan with an airgun and lubed it with some CRC but still, the noise was back in minutes.
Is there a program that can detect the running of the fan and maintain the fan??? (<- maybe quite a silly question). Or what can I do to stop this hummmmmming...
Going nuts~

Advertisements

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Chances are the bearings are going, going... Sooner or later you'll have to replace it, but in the meantime MotherBoard Monitor can check your fan speed and CPU temp.

chinofeliz

chinofeliz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts
LOL I couldn't finish the configuration after the installation cos I didn't know what the make of my motherboard is and which model it is - I suck when it comes to hardware :| Anyways, guess I'll just need to see someone working in the electronics store soon, cos I can't run my computer without a fan eh?

Kurt_Aust

Kurt_Aust

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Your motherboard model should show up on your POST screen (I'm guessing you don't have the manual).

As to running without a working fan, I guess it comes down to how much you like your CPU.