Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please Help =(

• Please log in to reply

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Yes, sir! :)
Parents making me eat, and a few other things, and I'll do as you say :)
I'll get back to you in.. 45-60 minutes?
Thanks Again :tazz:
~Oni

Advertisements

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
k printing out directions and doing as you told =)

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
:P :P :tazz: :) :woot: :woot: :woot:
Yes! It worked :P I removed it, added the ahrdware, reinstalled the software, connected to a new SSID i just setup, reconfigured my profile in the WLAN monitor, AND IT WORKS!!!!!
PROPS TO WANNABE1!!
THANK YOU ALL GEEKSTOGO STAFF, I CANT WAIT TO BE ONE OF YOU SOME DAY..
<3333333333

~Oni
::Looks for the donation icon in Wannabe's Signature::

Sorry if I seem a bit out of character, but you have no idea how relieved I am now.. :)

Edited by Oniketsoku, 27 October 2005 - 06:17 PM.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Unfortunately, My sister (down in south florida where the hurricane hit hard[i'm in central] is visiting, and has a 2-year-old, I gave up my room to them and they're putting the baby to sleep, now.) I have a football game tommorow,(im in marching band) I'll get on here as soon as i get back home
:tazz:
~Oni

Thanks again! ;D

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Actually im back, i get a signal, but its two bars, lol XD
nothing really works besides AIM and the web browser
But whatever, I have it back, and I'm happy..:tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Oniketsoku..Good Job!!!! :tazz:

I'm glad I could help you out. (No donations accepted by wannabe1...the happy faces are reward enough!)

I still want to show you how to back up your registry...next visit we'll do that.

wannabe1

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
You may have to adjust the antenna positions to get a better signal strength, although my daughter runs 2 bars on her wireless without any problems. The other issues are more than likely just a matter of settings.

wannabe1

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Now I just have to wait for a new computer.. lol ; ;
it sucks trying to run MMORPG's with my crappy computer; I've played Final Fantasy XI for 3 years. It takes me 40 minutes to launch the game, the texture glitches constantly, and I don't get any SFX. I put up with it though @_@ I was reading your profile information about building PC's for kids and stuff.. I was wondering if you could help me find a compputer that can run anything well? I have a 667 MHZ Processor, 8 GB Hard Drive, and a really poor sound card, the machine is 5 years old lol.. it sucks @_@
~Oni :tazz:

Edited by Oniketsoku, 27 October 2005 - 06:58 PM.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Do you think I could become a Geek U? I'd really like that.. I want to help people with issues like this, and I know a lot about networking :tazz:
~Oni

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Oniketsoku...

Download Everest from my signature, install it, run it, and click the "Report" icon in the toolbar. Just keep clicking "Next" until it generates a report. Attach the report to this thread so I can see what you've got and what we might be able to do to make it a little better.

wannabe1

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts

Do you think I could become a Geek U? I'd really like that.. I want to help people with issues like this, and I know a lot about networking shutup.gif

Why not?

GeekU is for malware removal and we have a Staff member there who is 13 and a Malware Expert! They could really use the help. You might also check out the Networking Forum...perhaps there would be some ways you could help there.

Geeks to Go gets their Staff members from among the general membership. Those who post help with good information and work well with other members will eventually be noticed by the Staff and may be promoted to staff themselves. That's how I became a Trusted Tech!

wannabe1

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Ah, I see.. Thanks for the info~
As soon as i get my room back i'll do the scan for you :tazz:

Edited by Oniketsoku, 27 October 2005 - 07:13 PM.

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Whoah... well here you go. My computer is lagging.. REALLY REALLY BAD!!!

everest scan is massive

its actually too massive to paste..

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Oniketsoku...

Did you generate the Everest scan as a html file? If you did, you can attach it to the post (Add Attachment Button below the text window...just browse to where you saved it and click the button).

For the lagging, try running Disk Cleanup, Disk Defragmentor, and Scan Disk from System Tools. (Click Start and point to Programs, then to Accessories, then to System Tools and select the tool you want to run.)

Let me know if this helps your "lagging" issues...

wannabe1

Oniketsoku

Oniketsoku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 343 posts
Ran CCleaner, still baaaaaaad lag on everything, especially internet.. ill see about everest