I posted a few weeks ago, I've tried a few other things. I can't find the previous post so I'll give an update:
I installed EAC and ended up in a situation where I could only burn with EAC. All other writers gave a verify error.
I've done some work on this and still haven't managed to sort it out... heres a summary:
- I uninstalled EAC, including clearing the EAC items from the registry (I followed the EAC uninstall guide for this)
- I followed the PC manufacturers guide to uninstall the CD driver.
- I have a HP PC with something called HP DLA on it. This is an alternate CD writer interface (I also uninstalled Record now). This takes me to XP CDR writer alone.
- Then I rebooted. XP found the "new" CD drive and installed it (hopefully back to the factory settings).
- Then I wrote a CDR using the standard XP writer... which seemed fine.
- Then I installed Nero, and managed a couple of successful CD writes (the verify checked out ok).
That was yesterday. Today, XP write seems ok but Nero is throwing a verify error up.
Does anyone have any ideas?