Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Trojan.Crypto.o

• Please log in to reply

zeiherg

zeiherg

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am using a HP Pavilion zv5030 lap top running through a Belkin Wireless G Router. I do not use this computer outside the home. I am running Norton Anti-Virus and Firewall (using the automatic update feasture for both) protection and also utilize both SpyBot and Stinger as backup's. I have my Belkin router set at the highest protection level I know how to set up (which may or may not be high enough). At any rate, I was recently hit with this infamous WinFixer 2005 pest and could not seem to get rid of it. After some research I found seveal links recommending the EWIDO Security Suite. I opted for purchasing the suite rather than the trial offer since I wanted the full benefits availabe. Using EWIDO I succesfuly removed (?) WinFixer but now I continually get an EWIDO notification tellimg me malware has been detected on my computer. This malware resides in my WINDOWS\system32 file as a pmkhi.dll link and is further identifed as something called Trojan.Crytpo.o. The EWIDO notification windows alows me clean the malware and quarantine it but it just keeps coming back. I am no computer whiz by any stretch and I am at a complete loss as to what to do. I did contact the EWIDO people and sent them a HijackThis scan file but have noy heard anything more. I need to get this @#%&! off my computer! Help!!! I am enclosing the HijackThis scan I sent the EWIDO folks. Attached File  hijackthis.zip   3.06KB   90 downloads

Advertisements