Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Notification Bubble

• Please log in to reply

Roodee

Roodee

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hi guys i have this problem that when i get on the Net with my good ol 56k Modem i used to have this bubble in the taskbar that popped up whenever i would get on. Well now guys that bubble is gone and i was wondering if you guys knew how to get it back. I Checked the check box in the options that say SHOW ICON IN NOTIFICATION AREA but that still didnt work. Any 1 plz help me !!!!

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi there Roodee,

Looks like you could possibly have a malware infection.

You Must Read Before Posting A HijackThis Log

Please Post A HijackThis Log In The Malware Forum

If You Dont Know What HijackThis Is and Dont Know How To Use It Please See Before Posting A HijackThis Log

Please Follow All The Steps Carefully and Start Your Own Topic So That An Expert Can Come Along And Help You Out.

:tazz: Good Luck :)

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey cleverboy No 1 on the malware thread seems to be helping me i posted like 3 times and nothing. can u plz help me

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
its not spyware. I dont know why the icon in notification area doesn't work.. maybe try disabling and then re-enabling it

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I did that force but nothing. O god what do i do lol om going crazy without that thing i cant even get off the net unless i unplug the phone jack thingy this sux.

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
I even uninstalled the program that i used to connect and it still aint there. O what in the world could this be??????

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Hi again post in this thread if no one has helped you in the malware forum in three days,

http://www.geekstogo...showtopic=21869

Please let us know the outcome good or bad :tazz:

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
well I can't find anything about xp notifications. most people seem to want to hide them rather than show them lol.

but I can tell you how to disconnect from the net without the icon

go to the control panel, open up network connections. find your dial up connection, right click it and there should be an option to disconnect.

you can put network connections on the start menu by right clicking anywhere in the menu, selecting properties and customize.. then go to advanced and set 'network connections' to 'display as a connect to menu'.

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Hey force i did what u said to do go to the Network connections and well not even my modem is there but i remember a long time ago i used to have it there cuz i would mess with it i think and it used to be in my system try any idea how to get it back?

Roodee

Roodee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
DUDE!@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I got this baby to work thank god i made a new connection from the options it has in the network connections and now my lil Notification comes out whenever i connect with this 1. The Force and Cleverboy12 THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR U ALLS HELP OK seriously dont know how much i appreciate it Thanks guys.

mrskenny09

mrskenny09

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

its not spyware. I dont know why the icon in notification area doesn't work.. maybe try disabling and then re-enabling it

I like your mozilla user bar, how can I get one?