Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB ports not working

• Please log in to reply

zakman

zakman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi all, my USB ports have stopped working, got a new mp3 player today but my system would not detect it, tried my camera in all ports, nothing! everything was fine yesterday. Went into device manager (all devices working properly according to "properties"), removed all USB entries, rebooted, same thing. Went into BIOS, made sure USB controller etc enabled. (Windows 98se)
That's me out of ideas folks, any suggestions welcome. (nice one's)

Cheers, Zak.

Advertisements

Dustinduse

Dustinduse

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
sorry messed up

Edited by Dustinduse, 17 October 2005 - 01:24 PM.

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Has the usb ports worked before or is this the 1st time you have tried to use them?
If this is the first time then it could be that they are disabled in the BIOS

zakman

zakman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Everything was working fine, camera, printer etc, 2 days ago. Now, nothing is being detected on any port, the only thing I did was install a driver for a new mp3 player, but when I plugged it in nothing came up on the screen or on the player. I tried my other USB devices and none worked, uninstalled mp3 driver, checked in BIOS (ok), tried to update USB drivers (says best drivers installed). Any Ideas ?

Zak.