Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WinFixer / Hijack This Posted [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Exdeus

Exdeus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Okay, I have now come to another issue.

When I selected to disable and delete all the old savepoints from my System Restore, it asked me to restart. I restarted, and when I tried again to enable it, it said that System Restore could not re-enable itself on all drives, or there was an error on one drive, something along those lines. It told me to please restart and try again. I have restarted twice, but I cannot reenable System Restore.

Any ideas?

Oh, and as far as my name, I actually came across the name from the game Deus Ex. I reversed the words because I ran a google search on it to try and find a meaning. It came up meaning "from god" or "the god" or "one god" depending on which site I went. Now, I am not a religious person, but I thought the name was kind of cool / interesting, so I figured I would stick with it. So, that is the reasoning behind my name.

Advertisements

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Not too sure about the enable System Restore not being co-operative. It doesn't sound like malware, but more like permisions. Have alook in the Control Panel at User Accounts and ensure that only you have administrator rights.

Here's some info for you: http://support.micro...com/kb/q302796/

and something a little different here: http://www.dougknox....estorepoint.htm

HTH

Exdeus

Exdeus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Alright. Neither of those links did much for me.

I will post about this issue in the Windows XP help forum.

I cannot thank you enough for your help with the WinFixer 2005 problem. I will throw a donation out to you sometime in the next two weeks after pay-day.

Crustyoldbloke

Crustyoldbloke

Old Malware Surgeon with a shaky scalpel

• Retired Staff
  • 15,131 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.