Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

suspect spyware

• Please log in to reply

andrew11099

andrew11099

• Pip
  • 9 posts
i run a 3ghz computer gig ram xp pro and 56k internet but when im connected to the internet only runs at 26kbs even when connected at 46kbs. i have a program that shows what the internet is doing in a graph but i dont know if that me or not is there any program that shows what sites your connected to or something i tried mcafee firewall but it didnt realy help i have tried numerious spyware programs like spybot but after a week of using that program it became non responsive and wouldnt download any more updates, kept saying error, i think the spys got to it.

but anyway i think the best way to stop websites from communicating with my computer is to terminate any internet connection that is open that is not one of mine.
so any suggestions of firewalls that have this ability or any other program for that matter, ill try anything

thanks for ya :tazz:

Advertisements