Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

help restoring damaged files in excel 2003 / xp

• Please log in to reply

jessica Herrin

jessica Herrin

• Pip
  • 1 posts

if anyone can help, i woudl be forever grateful. I have developed elaborate financial models in excel for my copmany. however, in the last week, when I have gone to open them, i get an error that says.

Errors were detected...
Microsoft Office Excel File Repair Log

Errors were detected in file ...The following is a list of repairs:

Damage to the file was so extensive that repairs were not possible. Excel attempted to recover your formulas and values, but some data may have been lost or corrupted.

When i open the file, it no longer has any formulas or formatting, making it useless. It woudl take me weeks to reproduce. I have been updating older versions, but it keeps happening. THis is the third time..., right after i update all the data of course. Could this be a virus? anyway i can repair this?

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
I would reinsert the office disk. It will give the option to repair office to the way it was when you 1st installed it. This should not loose or corput any data it just repairs office
What version of office are you using

Edited by peterm, 20 October 2005 - 04:38 AM.