Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Error

• Please log in to reply

Devon Sanderlin

Devon Sanderlin

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys! I have a user that is receiving an error when he access his Outlook. This error message pops up every once in a while and I cant seem to link it to any one action. The message is as follows:

DoScan.exe Application Error The instruction at "0x77fcc8e1" referenced memory at "0x00580045" The memory could not be "written" click ok to terminate.

He is also receiving the same message again but with different numbers.

DoScan.exe Application Error The instruction at "0x6e530e17" referenced memory at "0x03079351" The memory could not be "written" click ok to terminate.

If you have any ideas as where I can start to get this problem resolved, I would REALLY Appreciate it!

Thanks!
Devon Sanderlin

Advertisements

Boostman

Boostman

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
Seems the DoScan.exe is related to Norton Corporate Edition and it could be that the virusscanner is being activated to scan incoming mail.

Not to sure why it would be giving those errors, but maybe a reinstall of Norton would fix the issue.

Just an idea.

Devon Sanderlin

Devon Sanderlin

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you so much! I will try that!

BoBraxton

BoBraxton

• Pip
  • 4 posts
At the higher education institution which I work to support we have numerous (mostly Windows 2000 Pro) computers with this kind of DoScan error message. These began when we upgraded to the 2005 version of Symantec Corporate. I would like to get rid of them and am hoping there is an update to the code.
Right now: DoScan.exe - Application Error - The instruction at 0x6b883127 referenced memory at 0x00000000 The memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program [OK]

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
this is a known issue with symantec corporate edition's mail scanning portion try the attatched file and see if it fixes the problem

BoBraxton

BoBraxton

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My assumption is that this is going to be installed on the client PCs and not at the Symantec server.

BoBraxton

BoBraxton

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Just to clarify two points about my situation: 1) this error happens early after boot-up and login and not in the context of Outlook, which we do use. 2) There are varieties: The instruction at 0x77fcafe6 referenced memory at 0x00045d70 The memory could not be "read" Click on OK to terminate the program; Click on CANCEL to debug the program [OK] [Cancel]

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
http://service1.syma...=&osv_lvl=&seg=

this might help a little bit more.....gives you a workaround by making a reg fix....or by updating client security...or by disabling the startup scan

BoBraxton

BoBraxton

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Thank you. Perhaps the trailing portion of the URL is missing, because

"Http Status Code: 404

Reason: File not found or unable to read file"