Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

im lost on this path

• Please log in to reply

mrhunta

mrhunta

• PipPip
  • 99 posts
hey every one wel i got a small problem and i need it fixed but need your help ok its telling me to take this path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Detect when i get to current version i cant find the detect folder dous any one know why im missing it if its there and if its some where els where is it at or how do i find it thanks :tazz:

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I do not have Detect either, so I guess you can't find it because it is not their, I am sorry.

If you explain your problem, maybe I can segest a different fix.

Sorry I can't help more.

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
alright well there this one controller i have and ive been useing it on my computer for a wile but one day i pluged it into my computer expecting it to work but i got the message device has mallfuntioned AND not reconized and its been like that ever since at first i thought the controler was broken but i tested it on a other computers and it works fine i did some research on the web LOOKING FOR A FIX people told me to reinstall usb drivers that dident work then i did a system restore that dident work then people told me to try difrent usb ports i tried them all and nothing worked then they told me to go into regedit32 butthen i couldent find the detect folder so thAT DIDENT HELp so and now im here posting on these fourms despreat for a fix if you can help me that would be great hopeing for a reply see

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Can you go
Start < Control Panel < system < Hardware < device manager

Look down the list and find Game Controllers (that is what I am guessing this is) and expand it. Then right click every entry in this and press Update, this will insure that all the drivers you have are up to date.

Hope this helps if not, I will try some thing else.

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
i tried to update ll my game controller drivers there all update this dident help but thanks any way is there any other sugestions you can recomend??? thanks

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Ok next I what to test if it is corrupt operation system files, corrupt files can do just about anything that you can think of.

Go Start < Run and type sfc /scannow this will give a blue bar when it goes reboot your computer. This will need the Windows XP CD so have that in your computer before you start. This will repair all corrupt files and normally takes about an hour.

Lets hope this fixes it.

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
ile do this when i wake up tommarow then ile post and tell uou if it worked or not peace X-D

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
i tried what you saind but all i got was a loading bar for verdifing and checking window files or w/e like you said you can heremy disk drive running with the window disk then after about 2 minuts the window diapears the loading bar dident even start well can you sugest any thing els? oo yea there no scratchs on the disk

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
You could try a Repair Install it dose the same thing plus a few other things, you will have to do all windows updates again. When you brought the Game Controller did it come with a CD? It it did can you try reinstalling it?

mrhunta

mrhunta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
:tazz: happy day i just moved my computer and my controller cord just ripped in half so for get it

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I am sorry to hear that. Hope a new one if you get a new one is not too expensive, and that it works.