Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NT Kernel Local/Remote I.P. #

• Please log in to reply

mamageek

mamageek

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hello,

I posted this question on 10/05 within a reply to a different problem, but I haven't had any feedback. I guess I didn't submit it correctly, so I'm trying this again. (I'm new to forums.)

I was trying to solve a different problem, when I tried using SystemSuite on a clean O.S. (vs. Symantec).
When I connected to the net, I got my ususal I.P. # (and modem gateway I.P. #), then I noticed that the firewall logs showed something strange. It showed NT Kernel & System with a different Local I.P. #, and it belonged to the Dept Of Defense (Dod). And that I.P. # had a strange Remote I.P. # affiliated to it. (This is different from the internal gateway or modem I.P.). Finally I installed my Symantec, but the I.P.'s don't show up anywhere. I tried Adaware, HiJackThis, plus a variety of tools to look at processes. I have my system set to show all hidden/super hidden. I use XP Home on a new notebook with SBC DSL

This is a sample of 3 different days:

164.229.245.0 (port 61576) My Local I.P., belongs to Dod
200.213.249.119 (port 65535) Remote I.P., don't know who, Brazil Internet

164.229.239.0 (port 6382) My Local I.P., belongs to Dod
112.5.145.124 (port 65535) Remote I.P., just says IANA Reserved

29.105.145.124 (port 64741) My Local I.P, belongs to Dod
36.105.145.124 (port 63675) Remote I.P., just says IANA Reserved

There is no reason for my computer to be connected to any governmental agency. This is really bothering me. I was hoping that someone might have some idea of what is going on??

Advertisements